If a great cup of coffee in the morning can make your day, a coffee maker with unexpected troubleshooting or other problems can ruin the day. And you don’t even want to imagine yourself in such a situation. But in the end, these coffee machines (Keurig Machine) are an electronic device only.
You might fell in a situation where you experience your machine suddenly stops working, or there is water leakage in it, or there’s some issue with the settings, or you’re not getting the same taste of your coffee, it could be anything.
But on the same side, if you know how to solve these common problems with your Keurig Coffeemaker, the first sip of your morning coffee is not too far.
What do you say, should we take some knowledge on how to solve these issues?
Some Commern Problems and How to Fix Them
However, Keurig Coffee Maker are very good and durable and usually you don’t have to face any issues with them but like any electronic machine there is a chance of unexpected problem.
So, there are some common issues that you may come across with your Keurig Coffee Maker and how you can fix them.
1. There’s a problem in turning on the Keurig
Well, first of all, I would say to double-check if your machine is actually plugged in or not. If yes and still the machine is not working then unplug it and again replug and click the power button.
If still, you find issues with the machine, try to plug it in some other outlet and see if it could help.
It is always great to see if everything is connected properly and all the circuit breakers are in an ON situation. After trying all these methods, if the machine is still listening to you, call the customer care and seek help from them.
2. If the Keurig Machine Keeps Shutting Off
Damn! Firstly, the machine was not turning on and now it keeps shutting off. Well, that can be one of the situations like if you’ve removed the water reservoir, it should be connected back with the contacts of the machine properly because if it no so, the machine will sense there’s no fresh water available and will keep shutting off.
It is really important to see that you’ve placed the magnets correctly while setting up the machine. Also, with some types of Keurig machines, there’s auto-shutoff timer feature.
In that case, you can always check the manual and go through the machine’s display menu until you can assure yourself that the auto-timer is set to OFF.
3. When your Keurig Machine is not brewing a Full Cup
For all those who don’t know there’s a needle that bore through the foil lid of the K-Cup that can get clogged up due to those coffee grounds or other flavorings.
And if not these things, the minerals present in the water can gum up in the lining. Thus, it is really important you do regular and proper cleansing of your coffeemaker with water and vinegar.
Make sure you clean all the removable parts by using soap and water, and also ensure that you replace all the internal filters after the cleaning process.
Also, remember to clean your Keurig maker with hot water after you clean it with vinegar. One more thing you need to keep in mind is that your machine contains an internal water reservoir; there may be chances that you need to let your machine gets cool down and then manually dump it before you let plan water go through it.
4. When the Keurig Coffeemaker Leaks
This is one of the problems that generally happen when the gasket present around the puncture needle doesn’t get completely sealed with the K-cup. And when this happens, the incoming water and coffee grounds seep out and all you see is a mess all over your kitchen counter.
So, here you need to replace or relocate the gasket in such a way that it gets tightly sealed between the puncture needle and the K-cup.
5. When there are Coffee Grounds in the Cup
Well, no one loves a cup of coffee with coffee grounds still present at the bottom of the cup. And coffee grounds can come there in your cup from different sources.
- A pod failure: it’s when the foil lid glue is not fixed and as a result, puncturing will not happen and the coffee grounds can go anywhere.
- Clogged needles: it is when the needles bore through the foil lid and also sends water via contents of the pod. As a result they get clogged up with grounds or sweetener from any other beverage. Thus, it is suggested to remove the needle and wash it.
- Lastly, if you use reusable K-cup with your Keurig coffeemaker then make sure you use coarse ground coffee. Also, you need to make sure that you don’t overfill your reusable cups.
6. The Coffee is not the same you get with the First Brew
So, in this case, people often experience an unpleasant vinegar flavor in their coffee after they descale their machine. And this can happen due to some of these reasons, have a look.
- When you accidentally left the filter in the machine while descaling the coffee maker and it is full of vinegar, where you need to take help of the manual and ensure that you remove and replace the filters of your coffee machine.
- When the internal reservoir of the machine still has a hint of vinegar, here you need to first, unplug the machine and then let it cool down completely. Next, you need to throw all the water in the machine and refill it.
- When your machine has plastic parts and has absorbed the vinegar smell, and still you the taste of it in your coffee. In this situation, you need to open your machine completely and fill it fully using hot water and run a few cups to let the vinegar aroma go completely.
7. When the machine says brewing but there’s nothing coming out
Honestly, this can be the most heartbreaking situation, especially when you’re desperately waiting for your cup of coffee.
So, this problem is either mechanical or electric, and the electric one is the easiest to solve because there you simply need to unplug the machine, let it sit for around 1 minute, and then plug it back in.
On the other side, if this way doesn’t work and no water is flowing somewhere, you can run the machine without any pod in the top and see the amount of water (if any) is really moving.
You might need to remove and clean the entire needle system of the coffeemaker and ensure that there’s no scrap in the puncture needle.
Or you might need to descale the coffeemaker and ensure that the needle and water drawing tubes are absolutely tidy. Lastly, you can also seek help from the burp or slap maneuver in such a case.
So, these were some of the troubleshooting and common problems people find while using the Keurig Coffee maker. We hope that you find these solutions helpful and apply them whenever needed.
Also Read: Best Home Espresso Machines