There might a lot of cold drinks or some other kind of refreshing coffee drinks to satisfy your soul during the scorching heat out there, but one thing that brings a big smile on the face has to be the cold brew.
This is one of the drinks, which is related to coffee and can be prepared with great ease at home.
It’s really hot outside and you don’t want to put a step out of your home, cold brew can do the magic for you. A few simple tips to keep in mind and one favorite recipe, and you’ll realize why and how this drink has overtaken the position of the iced coffee.
And the best part is that the coffee has been steeped for so long that you won’t be able to get over its flavor soon.
Want to know how you can get into the process? Let’s first have a look at the tips to ponder upon while making a cold brew at home.
Helpful Tips for making Cold Brew Coffee
- We’ll be starting with the grind, thus make sure you grind your coffee beans at medium-coarse stability. This is the same consistency you need while brewing Chemex coffee. Remember not to finely ground the coffee beans, this is the type you need for a drip coffee. Get a quality coffee grinder for the same and if you ask for some recommendation, Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill can be taken into consideration.
- Correct Ratio is the next important thing to be taken care of and you should brew at a 4:1 ratio, which means you need to take 4 cups of water for 1 cup of coffee beans. You can double the number if you want more cold brew. And if you wish to use a mason jar, the ratio should be 3 cups of water to ¾ cups of coffee beans, so that you can get it to fit. All in all, the point is one should be consistent with the ratio.
- Talking about how to steep the coffee, you can do it using almost any container, though would be better if you use a glass. Usually, people feel comfortable with a mason jar, but you can also use a French Press or even KitchenAid also provides you with a great cold brew maker.
- Always keep in mind that using filtered water ends up with the cleanest cup of coffee.
- For how long you should steep the coffee is at least 12 hours. And then you can experiment with the flavors. If you want a stronger cup of coffee, brew it for a longer period, say 24 hours. And if you want not too strong and not too weak, 12-15 hours of steeping would be fine.
- Keeping the end results in the fridge can keep your concentrate fresh for a week or more. Of course, you can use it after a week but then you’ll not get the best flavors of your cold brew.
- The last important step it to dilute the concentrate. You can serve your cold brew with anything you want, be it water, ice or any other type of milk or creamer. And to make it even much better you can also serve your coffee with something delicious like Zucchini Bread, Cranberry Almond Biscotti, or your favorite Pancakes.
Recipes for Cold Brew Coffee
How to make Cold Brew Coffee (Easy One):
To make this amazingly simple recipe, all you need to do is get into a little preparation and just 10 minutes, and you can enjoy this fantastic brew for a week.
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 1 cup of coffee beans
How to do it:
- Start by grinding the coffee beans to a medium coarse consistency.
- Then you need to add water and the beans to the Mason jar or any other glass storage container. Now, you can let it rest aside on the counter and let the coffee steep for 12-15 hours.
- Use a fine-mesh sieve that should be lined with layers of cheesecloth and put it over a large bowl or measuring cup. Strain the coffee through it. As another option, you can also use a coffee filter or nut-milk bag on the top of the sieve.
- Next, you need to pour down the strained cold brew concentrate back into your Mason jar. Keep the concentrate in the refrigerator.
You’re ready to serve your coffee. Pour it over the ice with water or milk or creamer.
Also Read: Best Keurig Coffee Maker for your Home