Our experts like to share product recommendations with you and hope you like them! Just to make you aware, CoffeeStoppe may collect a small share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
In the world of French presses, there are so many brands to choose from it can make your head spin. You may not know which brand is best, what features to look out for, or what materials will suit your preferences best. In this case, you’ll want to do a little research for yourself, but that alone can take hours! I am here to make this just a little bit easier for you– I will be presenting two top French press brands head to head so you can compare, contrast and decide for yourself which one is best for you!
A French press is a coffee and tea making device that extracts all of the natural oils and fragrant flavors from coffee and deposits it all into your cup, whereas a drip coffee maker will filter out a lot of those components. French presses have been around for decades, and there’s good reason for them sticking around for so long! They are sleek, versatile, durable and just make some of the best coffee you could ever imagine. So without further adieu, here are two of the best French press brands out there going head to head to see which comes out on top!
Frieling is a brand of French press that has been around since 1988, founded in the state of South Carolina. The brand is preferred at many hotels and restaurants due to its high quality materials, frustration-free ease of use, and absolutely unbeatable coffee!
Some things that Frieling is known for would have to be its popularity in public places, its durability, double wall insulation and ability to keep coffee warmer for longer. You won’t ever want to go back to regular drip coffee once you’ve tried the Frieling’s French press!
You can also count on Frieling to give you a sediment free, sludge free, gorgeously aromatic cup of coffee every time. Your Frieling won’t crack, chip, break or rust, so it will last for many years to come. They are durable and built to last, dishwasher safe and you can expect your coffee (or tea, cold brew, etc.) to be ready in just 4 minutes! If you are looking for a high quality, reputable brand of French press, Frieling is definitely a good option for you to try.
If you are looking for elegance, convenience and style along with functionality, Espro is the choice for you! Founded by two engineers not too long ago in 2002, Espro has quickly made a name for itself in the world of French presses.
Not everyone prefers stainless steel when it comes to their French press; some people like to keep it simple and classic, and go with a glass design for their press. There is absolutely nothing wrong with either option, it is based all on preference alone.
Espro takes a lot of pride in their craftsmanship, since each individual one was specifically and technically designed by two professional engineers, so you know they paid attention to detail. Most, but not all, Espro products are made with glass, stainless steel, and copper, ensuring you’ll never deal with rust or a difficult cleaning process. Their products are stylish, thoroughly designed and surprisingly affordable if you have that sort of wiggle room within your budget.
Some of the main features of Espro products are their double micro filter systems, isolated chambers, frequently upgraded design, and ability to brew the perfect cup of coffee, tea, cold brew, and pretty much any other beverage you could normally prepare in a French press. You can expect no sort of sludge or grit in your cup of joe if you use this press properly, which puts it way ahead of some of the other competition!
Long story short, Espro is a high quality brand with a good reputation and outstanding customer reviews. This one will be a hard one to judge!
The Good and Bad of Frieling vs Espro French Press Coffee Maker
Every product on Earth has positives and negatives, but a lot of them come down to the customer’s preference sometimes. Say you aren’t crazy about one material, but it’s someone else’s favorite; you would have a negative point of view on it while someone else would have nothing but positive things to say about it. However, we will still address the “good” and “bad” of both of these brands briefly so you know what you’re buying into!
Frieling Pros & Cons
- Produces zero sediment
- Almost all completely positive customer reviews
- Preferred at restaurants and hotels
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Double wall insulation
- Multipurpose (can prepare any type of beverage that a normal French press can make)
- Durable; won’t chip or break
- Not everyone prefers all stainless steel material (metallic taste)
- Some customers have stated they’re dealt with minor malfunctions, such as screws breaking off, grounds present in coffee
- One customer claimed the lid rusted, and another said they found glue present when they took the press apart
- The price is a bit high but affordable compared to most other French presses
Espro Pros & Cons
- Made from multiple materials (glass stainless steel, copper)
- Sleek and stylish design
- Double micro filter system
- Isolated chamber
- Sludge and grit free
- Thoughtfully made
- Handcrafted by professional engineers
- Frequent changes and upgrades to products
- Mostly positive customer reviews
Based on some customer reviews:
- Filter damages easily
- Coffee gets and stays scalding hot
- Not ideal for travel
- Cheap quality on some products
- Flimsy and broken during shipping (replacement was issued)
Despite all negatives about both products, there are primarily positive reviews for both. These negatives are based off of just a couple of customer reviews in Amazon.
Best Frieling Coffee Maker Reviews
If you are feeling compelled to purchase a product made by Frieling, here are a few of their most popular products and their features, pros and cons!
As the product title states, this product has double wall insulation, is made from the highest quality stainless steel, holds 17oz, has a full length handle, and possesses a 2 stage filtration system to ensure no grit and sediment.
- Zero sediment
- Retains heat longer
- Comes with 5 year warranty
- Comfortable handle
- Mirror finish outside, brushed finish inside
- Made in China (the title states it’s made in USA, but is actually manufactured in China, which is misleading)
Some of the most iconic features of this product are the no drip spout, patented dual screen technology, 4 minute prep time and a whopping 36 oz capacity.
- Frustration free packaging
- Retains heat better than most other French presses
- High quality materials and design
- Dishwasher safe
- Price is a little high
This product is the highest quality stainless steel, which ensures it is rust proof. It is also crack and chip resistant, drip proof, and includes a dual purpose coffee scoop/stirrer.
- Produces the freshest cup of coffee
- Superior design
- Easy to use
- Dual purpose scoop/stirrer
- Price is high but comes with the high quality scoop as well
Best Espro Products Coffee Maker Reviews
If Frieling isn’t your thing, then here are some of the top rated Espro products you can order online!
Double walled, vacuum insulated, stylish and sleek beyond belief, this is one of the latest and greatest from Espro! Included with this product is their bamboo paddle stirrer and scoop, so you’ll have everything you need.
- Stainless steel
- Bundle for the price
- Grit and sludge free
- Dual filtered
- Stays hot for hours
- None that we could find!
If glass is your preference for your French press, then look no further! The Espro P3 features thick, durable glass so you can watch the entire coffee making process. This kit also includes the bamboo stirrer!
- Ability to see how your coffee is made
- 3 filter choices available (for different beverage preparation)
- Can make both coffee and tea (some other Espro products do not have the ability to do so)
- Stays hot for HOURS
- Grit and sludge free
- Glass is not everyone’s preference, as it is not chip, crack or break resistant, but it is still thick and durable, so it’s less likely to break.
Some of the features of this product include vacuum insulation, sleek shape and finish, microfilters, and reusable filters.
- Perfect for travel
- Unbelievable lightweight
- You can drink straight from it
- Non bitter
- No grit or sludge
- The “Swiss Army Knife” of bottles
- Does not hold much liquid (why it’s ideal for travel)
- Not the greatest of products from Espro
In conclusion, it is ultimately up to the consumer on which brand they prefer, and looking at all of the differences we’ve presented today should make your decision seamless and easy. Both brands have amazing products with almost spotless reviews, but every positive thing in this world has at least one negative. In the end, both Frieling and Espro are wonderful, reputable companies that manufacture great products, but what you prefer is entirely your decision!