Our experts like to share product recommendations with you and hope you like them! Just to make you aware, CoffeeStoppe may collect a small share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
If you are in the market for a single cup French press coffee maker, then you have probably seen many different models already. With so many options out there, it can be tough to narrow down the choices to make a final decision. Well, we are here to help.
We have made a list of the top 5 best single cup French press coffee makers on the market so that you can check out the best choices available. This will help you decide which one of these great options will work for you, and your budget, and give you the best French press coffee.
Best Single Cup French Press Coffee Maker
This option is one of the best single cup French press coffee makers because of its 4-level filtration system and durability. This model is made from the best materials, stainless steel and heat-resistant borosilicate glass, that are built to last and offer a sleek look with prevents rust.
The 4-level filtration system uses two stainless-steel filters on a metal plunger with a spring-loaded base to seal the edges from leaking. There is also a strainer in the lid to ensure that you get the smoothest coffee without any grounds.
This Café de Chateau option comes with easy to read instructions for the best brew every time and it is backed by a lifetime replacement guarantee. This warranty covers anything that could happen to your French press and will send you a replacement free of charge.
- 4-level filtration system for smoothest brew without grounds
- Made from stainless steel and borosilicate glass for durability
- Comes with instructions for brewing and a lifetime warranty for added protection
- Budget-friendly model for those who don’t want to spend a lot
- Comes highly rated with many positive customer reviews
- The edges of the steel can be sharp
- The lid doesn’t create a seal so the coffee cools quickly
This Secura option is considered one of the best single cup French press coffee makers due to its great insulation and 3-layered filtration system. This item will give you hot coffee whenever you need it, even after its been sitting out, and the filtration system gives you ground-less coffee every time.
The 3-layered filtration system has two layers of screens to help trap coffee grounds from coming out, and the top layer of protection keeps any particles that did get through the screens from pouring into your cup.
This French press also comes with a cool-touch handle that keeps it from heating up even when hot water is inside of it. The know also contains the same cooling technology so that you can safely pour your coffee contents while holding the knob, without burning your fingers.
This larger-sized French press is able to hold more than other models as it can handle up to 34 ounces of hot liquid, and it can also be used for cold brew coffee.
- Well insulated for better heat retention while sitting out
- 3-layered filtration system for straining coffee grounds
- Cool-touch handles and knobs for heat protection when touched
- Holds 34 ounces of contents
- Highly rated with lots of positive customer reviews
- Not well sealed at the top so air may cool coffee
- May be a bit difficult to clean without taking the whole thing apart
This Cumbor choice is a great option for those who want the top of the line product for heavy use. This is the best single cup French press coffee maker choice that is made for durability and style. With its stylish design and stainless-steel build, this will give you great coffee for a long time.
This model is made from borosilicate glass and stainless-steel so that it will last through years of use. Whether you drink coffee every morning, or you just brew a cup every now and then, you will get the best coffee every time for years to come.
This model is fast and easy with only a 4-minute brewing cycle needed before you get your coffee. This 4-minute filtration ensures that you get smooth rich flavor without having to wait in line at a coffee shop or wait for a specialty maker to brew.
You don’t have to use this option for just coffee. You can brew tea, hot chocolate, espresso, cold brew coffee, and many other drink options.
- Durably built from stainless steel and borosilicate glass for long-lasting use
- Stylish design for exterior flair
- 4-minute filtration for fast brewing
- Can be used for other drink options
- Comes highly rated with many positive customer reviews
- Only positive review from customers with no negative reviews
- Liquid may get in between the outer glass and the metal outer frame
4. Veken Review
This best single cup French press coffee maker option is a stylish choice that is made for those who want to leave their French press out on the counter as a design piece. This copper-colored metal design adds a sleek look to the press without being too flashy.
This option comes with double stainless-steel screens that help to better filter coffee grounds so that they won’t get poured into your cup. The borosilicate glass that the container is made of won’t make noise as the screens are pushed down, like some others will so that you won’t hear any scratching noises as you use it.
This option also has scale lines on the side of the beaker so that you can know exactly how much liquid is inside of the press. This also allows you to pour in the correct amount of water for the number of cups that you are making so that you won’t have any leftover that goes to waste.
This model also comes with a 2-year warranty for added protection and lifetime support for any questions and concerns that customers might have about the product.
- Stylish design with fresh copper look
- Durably built with stainless steel and borosilicate glass
- Double stainless-steel screens for better coffee grounds filtration
- Scale lines on side of beaker for exact measurements
- Comes with a 2-year warranty for protection
- Highly rated and has many positive customer reviews
- The spout of the lid is very fine and doesn’t offer a great flow of liquid through the slots
- Not rust-resistant and may rust over time with heavy use
This Ritual French press will give you the smoothest cup of coffee every morning, with a unique stylish look. The bamboo wood elements give this option a natural feel and is great for those who want a press without plastic.
The French press comes with a silicon barrier attached to the bamboo lid so that the wood will not become warped after multiple uses and the borosilicate glass can handle hot water for use with tea or coffee.
This option also comes with a dual-layer of protection with two screens for better filtration so that you won’t get any coffee grounds into your cup. It also has a stainless-steel structure that will keep this product lasting a long time without breaking or rusting.
- Bamboo wood elements for durability and natural look
- Made without using any plastic
- Silicon barrier attached to bamboo lid for warping prevention
- Borosilicate glass container that can handle high temperature liquids
- Dual-layer protection screens for better filtration
- Stainless-steel won’t rust or break
- Comes highly rated with many positive customer reviews
- Cannot buy replacements parts if a piece does break
- Bamboo requires maintenance to retain look
Must Have Features of a Single Cup French Press Coffee Maker: Buyer Guide
Not every single cup French press is the same, and there are a few things that you should consider when deciding on a purchase of a new press. You want to get the best option for your budget, without worrying about grounds in your cup, or the glass cracking prematurely. So, here are the things that you should think about before spending your money on the best single cup French press coffee maker.
The type of materials that the French press is made of will greatly affect the quality of your coffee, and the length of your model’s lifespan. You don’t want to have to deal with plastic pieces that can break easily, or have to worry about BPA in the materials used.
So, stick with the options that offer durable materials, like stainless steel, glass, and copper. These choices will allow you to have a long-lasting French press that will be damage and rust-resistant.
Not all glass types are designed to be used for the same products. You don’t want the product that is meant to last you a long time to break easily and be too delicate for frequent use. So, you want to make sure that the glass that is used is appropriate.
Like many of the options on this list, borosilicate glass is typically used because it can withstand the heat from boiling water without cracking and won’t scratch easily from moving the steel screens. This type of glass will last you a long time and give you the durability that you want from a French press that you’ll likely use every day.
Like many other products, there are premium options available. These products offer a higher price with the promise of getting an item that is well worth the price tag. However, there are some out there that are not what they claim to be. Don’t be fooled by a higher price, and make sure that the item is as good as the price suggests.
Checking customer reviews online is a great way to find out what others think of a product. Consumers will be quick to tell others if an item is priced higher than it should be, and you can find out if the product is really worth it. Positive reviews of a premium product that rave about the durability of a product will let you know that the price you pay is worth the longevity of the product’s life.
FAQs about Single Cup French Press
Q: How do you use a single serving cup French press?
A: To make coffee with a French press, you must boil water. Then, you add two tablespoons of coffee grounds for every one cup of water you will use. You will let the water cool until it is just shy of boiling, and pour it into the press. Stir, and let sit for four minutes. Then, you press down the plunger slowly and evenly, and you are ready to pour.
Q: What are the benefits of French press coffee?
A: The coffee that is brewed with a French press is especially flavorful and strong, compared to its electronic counterparts. The coffee also methyl pyridinium, which is an anti-cancer compound that is found in French press coffee.
Although all of the options on this list make great choices, there is only one that can be named the best single cup French press coffee maker. That’s why our top pick is the Cumbor French press. This option has a thick glass and stainless steel for durability and is BPA-free so it is safe for the whole family. This option is cheaper than some of the other options, but it does not sacrifice anything for it. This model is great for use for any type of beverage you can think of, and it allows you to get the best, richest flavors from your morning cup of coffee.
- 【Enjoy Your Exclusive Coffee】As a coffee fanatic, enjoying a cup of fresh homemade coffee can make you feel much better than drinking in a coffee shop. When grounding the coffee beans, the air will be filled with a comfortable scent. On pouring the hot water, the aroma will diffuse as you press the filter arm. Once the hot water and coffee grounds are separated, you have finished the brewing, and the aroma permeates your room and dispels all your worries at once.
- 【Brew Master Design】Cumbor French Press is made of 20% thicker glass and wraparound stainless steel to minimize the risk of breaking your carafe and provide a pure brew without stainless steel aftertaste. The steel base is anti-scalding for your protection, and you can monitor the whole brewing process through the glass. No plastic comes in contact with your beans, ensuring a cup of coffee with the purest original flavor, free of BPA.
- 【4 Minute Filtration 】Skip the queue at your local coffee shop, as only 4 minutes is needed to brew a cup of pure coffee with this French press. Increase the extraction of flavors, oils and acids from your coffee beans with our 4 level filtration system that keeps coffee grounds out of your cup. Whenever you crave it, a cup of smooth and delicious coffee is just at hand.
Last update on 2019-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Make sure to check out our other detailed guides below: