Many of us start their routine with a sip of coffee, and it is the must-have drink which needs to have a perfect taste, aroma, and texture. Having the best coffee at the start of the day makes you ready for the battle throughout and keeps you going all day long. There are various espresso makers available in the market and picking the right one can be a tricky task. To make it easy, we have gathered some of our top recommendations, their features, and other specifications. Let us find out what all are they!
Best Home Espresso Machines
#1 De’Longhi ESAM3500.N Magnifica.
If your coffee machine hunt has these three important points, taste, quality, and total efficiency, then you are at the right place. Of course, only if you are ready to spend some extra bucks. Magnifica is the best among other fully automated coffee machines. Let us find out its features;
- Grinding: Grinder is included with a scoop which helps you in having an accurate amount of coffee at a time. Scoops can be used if sometimes, you may wish to have a less strong or stronger coffee. One can also use ground coffee, by using a different section given with it.
This kind of coffee machine has conical burr grinder with the volume of 8 oz, enables it to hold 8 to 10 cups. It can also be used to have roasted beans added to it. The grinder has an adjustable knob which can be used to change the grind size.
- Brewing and Steaming: Just like any other coffee makers, once grinding is done, brewing and steaming take place by the two boilers provided separately with the maker. The main advantage is that it can easily make multiple cups of coffee at a time with a simultaneous brewing and steaming process without taking much time.
Compact brew and patented brew group are used to have the best-flavored coffee. With the 5 settings provided, one can have milder or stronger coffee. A menu button can be used to set a clock time to make a coffee in your set time. By using a button for 8 seconds, one can reprogram the not so mild and not very strong flavor for your coffee. A machine has a warm cup which can be used to hold cream of cappuccino or espresso to keep it warmer.
- Frothing: The separate carafe that comes with a machine can be directly attached with it. It can be used to make cappuccino or latte which gets milk in a cup directly. Carafe can be used for frothing cappuccino which is included with a separate lid and for a latte for which steamed milk is needed. Carafe can be stored in a refrigerator for later use.
If someone is willing to have a cup of tea, then a maker comes with a wand which can be used to have hot water which can be used to make tea.
Cleaning is easy in terms of carafe and espresso machine. Descaling solution can be used for cleaning. It helps in removing all the excess milk and water before the brewing process.
- It has 2 separate boilers, can be used for steaming and brewing. So, making multiple cups of coffee is easier.
- It has a setting by which one can set a timer. Also, the machine has 5 settings,
- Cleaning is easier with its self-cleaning feature
- The maker is quite expensive as compared to others.
- Drip tray needs to be replaced on regular basis.
- The machine is made up with plastic making it less durable.
#2 Breville BES870BSXL
If you want everything to be in one single maker, then Breville can be one of them, with all those needed features and settings. There can be two to three situations in which you can opt for this maker, whether you are new in making coffee or barista, you are already a user but wish to have something more powerful and efficient then your present machine, or if you are a hardcore coffee lover. Let us find out its features;
- Brewing: This absolute coffee maker comes with a burr grinder with the help of which you can easily brew coffee whenever required. It comes with an adjustable knob which can be utilized to adjust grind size. With the grinder, it is easy to clean, but sometimes it may happen that a bean gets stuck in it, and then you need to pull it out manually, which can be said as one of the drawbacks of the grinder due to its smaller size.
- Steaming and control measures: Just like any other espresso machine, this also comes with typical wands, which can be used to have froth or stretched milk. A machine also comes with a separate spout which can be used to make tea or cappuccino.
He maker is included with a portafilter and the four extra baskets. The baskets ate single and double shot which can be utilized for pressurized and non-pressurized filters respectively. Also, coffee grounds can be controlled with the portafilter. Breville utilizes 15 bar pumps, to keep the temperatures of the water stable and continues. It used Thermo coil heating system. Pre-infusing technology is used for socking of grounds.
Cleaning is easier for this maker, as once the brewing process has taken place; it automatically dispenses all the moisture from portafilter and pours it in a drip tray using its three valve solenoid.
- As a maker is made up with zinc and aluminum casing, it makes it more durable.
- Grind size, the temperature can be adjusted which helps in delivering a typical Barista control.
- It is included with the stainless steel portafilter with pressurized and non-pressurized baskets.
- You need to descale the filter frequently if you are not using it in the reservoir.
- A drip tray may get scratches or dents as it is not made up with a harder material.
- Due to its glossy finish, it required daily outer cleaning to make it look maintained and cleaned.
#3 De’Longhi EC155
This coffee maker is the best solution for the typical home espresso coffee requirements. This model is the less costly in the range of others in the list. But as it is cheaper, it does have some drawbacks as well. Firstly, let us find its features;
- Brewing: As it is a cheaper version, this can do basic makings, such as milk frothing, brewing espresso, and dispensing water. Take some ground coffee, of course, nice quality and load them in the pressurized basket. A machine comes with a built-in tamper, which looks trendy, but practically not at all the good one. If you are going to own this machine, then buying a metal tamper is required.
The maker has a knob which turns green, once the brewing process is done. If you want to have a coffee with rich in crema and smooth texture, then you can surely go for this one.
- Steaming: It is mostly done by the Panarello. Frothing is quite inconsistent with a lot of bubbles in it. Due to its smaller size, you cannot steam milk in a larger mug easily. Either you can make the maker taller by putting something below it, or you can simply put the maker at the edge and take the mug in your hand.
- Operating a machine is quite easy as it does not have any advanced functionalities
- If you have a lower budget but still wish to have a great coffee, then you can surely make it a choice.
- Due to its tiny size, less space is required on the countertop.
- Cleaning is difficult.
- Tamper makes it a big hurdle as it is not at all a convenient to use. So buying metal tamper is required.
- Coffee puck needs cleaning on regular basis.
#4 Coffee Café Barista
This machine is recommended by us for the people with a limited budget, as it is included somewhere between semi and super automatic functionality. Let us go through some of its features;
- Brewing: As this maker does not include with a coffee grinder, you need to own one to have your ground coffee. We will recommend taking KRUP F203coffee grinder and for ground coffee, recommendations are Tim Horton Arabica Medium or Lavazza Crema e Gusto. Once you fill the reservoir of the capacity 55 oz, make a choice of the coffee type by pressing the button given next to it. There are three types provided Latte, Cappuccino, and Espresso with two sizes i.e. small and large. Café Barista is consisting of a drip which can be removed easily for cleaning purpose.
With this machine, controls are in your hand for the quantity of the coffee. You just need to press a button for 3 seconds and the machine will constantly give the same shot till you again push it.
- Frothing: As the maker is included with the separate reservoir especially for frothing milk, the quality of froth can be compared with the top class models like Gaggia Brera. The froth is quite consistent as compared to other models when talking about its price. You can easily keep a knob somewhere in between if you usually like to do different experiments with the flavors.
The reservoir can be stored in the refrigerator as it is removable. By attaching it with the machine, the amount of frothing can be changed. For cappuccinos, you can have any quantity of froth and for lattes, try to keep it at the lower quantity.
- As the reservoir is storable, one can easily have cold milk to make different kinds of drinks
- Frothing is don automatically for Lattes and cappuccinos
- As this machine has less functionality, it is very convenient to be used by the beginners.
- Once you start using it on regular basis, say 8 to 10 months, a machine may begin to pour irregular shots.
- When in use, if you are an average drinker, quality is not going to be an issue, but normally this machine lacks the performance due to its fluctuating brewing temperature.
- It is not good for the regular shot in the morning but if you wish to have the café like texture, then you can have it at your countertop.
#5 Nespresso Espresso Makers
If you want to have a quality in the budget, Nespresso Espresso machines are the best option for you. Let us run through their features;
- Brewing and operations: This coffee maker is the best pick for those who like to try different flavors of coffee as it has a variety of choices. A machine needs just 15 seconds to get heated up and then you can enjoy your coffee in just 45 more seconds. Working of these machines is very simple, insert a capsule in the brew head and press the brew button. Espresso and Lungo are two sizes provides for a single and double shot.
After comparing a machine with other coffee maker brands such as Pixie and inissia, latest technologies are used such as 19 bar water pressure. And, when we compare Nespresso machines with coffee café Barista, texture and quality is better and stays constant even after using it on regular basis.
- These machines take less time to brew, i.e. just a minute or so due to the easy operation.
- Cleaning is very less time consuming due to smaller and sorted functionalities
- Nespresso espresso machines are more versatile, as they provide a wide range of flavors due to its ground coffee use.
- Not suitable for the family with more people due to its small size of the reservoir.
- The machine does not have a wand for milk frothing.
- Machines are restricted by pixie and Inissia, as they are the only ones which provide a shot of espresso.
#6 Gaggia 14101 Classic
We recommend this maker if your pocket does not permit you to spend more. It is the best choice in the semi-automatic category. Let us find out features;
- Brewing and operations: You need to grind fresh beans if you want to have the best espresso taste. The pressurized basket can be used for both ESE pod and for ground coffee. A boiler takes a minute for heating up and nearly 30 seconds of the shot of espresso. Boilers are able to generate 17 ½ -a bar of pressure which is absolutely the perfect measurement for the perfect espresso.
The portafilter is made up with a solid brass which suits the overall machine structure very well. It has a removable reservoir with a capacity of 72 oz. But it is recommended that one must make a use of a filter in order to minimize the scaling.
- Steaming: Steaming is easier with the pannarello wand provided with the maker, as it does not require any special skills for milk frothing. But it takes time between brewing and steaming process as it is quite common for the single boiler espresso machines to happen.
It does give you the consistent froth for lattes and cappuccinos.
- It has the ability to produce consistently rich espresso shots
- Pressurized baskets can be used for both ESE pods and ground coffee making it convenient to use.
- A machine can be easily operated by beginners without any trouble as it does not have any complex operations involved.
- Changing temperature and volume is not possible in this maker
- With the maker, one needs to pay some extra bucks for the grinder as well, as it only works best for ground coffee
- No middle ground option is provided, so you need to be dependent on the default settings provided in it.
#7 Gaggia Brera.
You can call this machine as your own Barista, as you can have a delicious coffee with its adjustable features and it is super automatic to have the best espresso. Let us go through its features;
- Brewing control and Usage: A machine consists of an air-tight container in which one needs to put coffee beans. You are sure to get at least 8 to 10 cups of coffee. And the container can be stored easily.
The Pre-infusion technique is used for soaking the coffee before extraction. Grind size can be varied by using the burr grinder. If you want to do any experiments with the coffee type, then you can use the burr grinder easily with the convenience. Brew strength can be chosen by pressing the button. Also, brew volume can be controlled by utilizing two programmable buttons situated on the left side.
- Intelligent Design: Its height is just 11.5 inches and it does not consume much space on your countertop. It is recommended to be used for small household uses. A container can be pulled out from the front, so no need to move the whole maker for cleaning it. Brera is made up with both metal and the plastic. Front with stainless steel and rest with the plastic.
- The maker has an inbuilt burr grinder making the brewing process easier and less time-consuming.
- Gaggia Brera is included with the pannarello wand which can be easily used by the beginner for steaming milk.
- The Maker has the capacity to adjust the grind size and volume.
- When one uses a ground coffee, the taste of the coffee seems bitter.
- The maker can be used by the smaller family, as it contains a smaller reservoir of just 40 oz.
- After 10 cups of coffee, you need to refill the reservoir, which makes it little difficult and time-consuming.
Best Home Espresso Machines
Here are all the reviews and rating for all Home espresso machines available in the market. You can buy any one of these according to your requirements.