If the word coffee every time brings a big and bright smile on your face then my friend you’re in an amazing company. But you’re also the one who believes that spending bucks regularly to get your favorite cup of coffee is actually not worth it. Well, if that’s the only problem then there’s no problem. Yeah, because now you have the best home espresso machine with you.
But how will you decide that this particular machine is the best for you? After all, you’re not buying a toothbrush you can easily replace if you feel like changing it. It’s a coffee maker and you need to think about everything, be it taste, aesthetics, your precious money, and features you want.
Hence, we are here to help you out in making this big decision with our recommendations and reviews of top home espresso machines. But before we get started, let’s check out a few important factors you need to look before picking up that right one.
Best Home Espresso Machine For Beginners
Breville BES840XL: This machine is best for the beginners as it is easy to operate and easy to clean and maintain. Its advanced technology and fully automated mechanism makes this machine very natural choice for those who are novice in making coffee and don’t want to take any risk.
Best Espresso Machine Under $200
Mr. Coffee ECMP1000: If you don’t want to spend fortune and still want a super automatic espresso machine then this machine is designed for you. It also has some great features such as in-built milk frother and one touch control panel helps you to brew coffee like the one in your favorite shop.
Best Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
SAECO HD8857/47 Philips Exprellia EVO: If you have a very hasty morning routine and you don’t have time to brew a delicious cup of joe then this baby has got you covered. With super automatic controls and advanced technology you get a perfect cup of coffee every time. Also you can brew variety of coffee from cappuccino to macchaito or from espresso to latte.
Best Budget Espresso Machine Under $100
De’Longhi EC155: If you really want to keep it in budget but at the same time don’t want to compromise in the features then this machine is for you. You can brew wide variety of coffee from cappuccino to macchaito or from espresso to latte. This machine has a 35oz water tank which gives you large volume capacity which is great under $100.
Best Home Espresso Machine Reviews
#1 Breville BES870XL Barista Express: All Rounder
To all those folks out there who want to enjoy café-style coffee in the comfort of their home, Breville is the answer for you. The machine is absolutely able to provide you with the best value of money with top-notch and powerful commercial-grade features that allows you to have a quality and power-pack cup of joe in your home.
This semi-automatic espresso machine is suitable both for the beginners and for the experts as well, thanks to the mechanics of this all-rounder. The machine has almost all important equipment that lets you have a high-quality coffee, from dual wall filters to 360ᵒ steam wands and stainless steel burrs. The Barista Express even has adjustable settings so that you can control the temperature and grind size accordingly.
Also, removable tampers and filters let you customize your recipe even more. In addition to this, the hidden storage compartments work excellently in keeping the coffee bar clean and organized. Also, the best part about buying this that it won’t break your bank yet provide you with amazing coffee every single day.
- The product is highly able to give you consistent brewing results for a really long time.
- You can also make use of the machine as a hot water dispenser for making tea.
- 5-star rating for its durability and compact design.
- It comes with high water capacity.
- To learn how to use the machine is not a tough job.
- Great customer services.
- You might feel a bit of pressure or steaming issues but can be easily solved by contacting Breville’s customer service center.
#2 DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Espresso Maker: Dual Purpose Espresso and Coffee Maker
Next in the list comes one of the best home espresso machines with a grinder. This DeLonghi product is a type of combination product that can be taken into use like a Nespresso Pixie. But unlike the Pixie, you are free to use any kind of coffee beans or grounds. The machine is just perfect for both who love espresso and cappuccino.
Another great point about the machine is that comes with its own built-in burr grinder so that you can control the fineness of the beans according to your choices. Though the coffee maker is referred to as the super-automatic machine, still you won’t find any electronic displays. You need to use the push-button controls in order to switch on/off the machine or adjust the settings of it. Also, the machine is highly able to give you barista-style coffee, even if you have no idea how to brew an espresso.
On the other hand, juxtaposed to Breville Barista Express that mainly gives importance to control, this one makes it tough with convenience. All in all, you can’t say which one is better, it all depends on what are you looking for in your coffee maker.
- It provides you with better tasting coffee every time.
- The machine comes with great durability and compact design.
- Cleaning job of the machine is quite simple and easy.
- Also, comes with a Cappuccino frother that works really well.
- The machine comes with a non-adjustable drip tray.
- There are complaints that this coffee maker can develop leaks.
#3 Mr. Coffee ECMP1000: Our choice of coffee maker under $200
One of our favorite espresso machine, Mr. Coffee Café Barista, this super-automatic espresso machine is for those who are looking for a product under $200 yet with great features. The machine is absolutely easy to use and also you don’t have to indulge in an elbow grease after you’re done making your mandatory cup of java.
So, let’s get started with the machine’s in-built milk frother. Mind you that you won’t get many espresso machines that come with an automatic milk frother and provides you with soft and creamy drinks as you get at your favorite coffee shop. You can also prepare single and double shots for lattes and cappuccinos and too that for almost all sizes.
Next, what makes this coffee maker an important recommendation is the one-touch control panel. After every few days, you always wish to customize your coffee recipes, right? Try out this machine that makes your customization thing quite simpler.
In fact, you can find pictures along with the buttons that make it easy-to-use even for a newbie in the house. Wait, that’s not it, the coffee machine also, provides you with measuring scoop, a tamper, and single and double shot filters. And if you don’t know a lot of recipes of coffee, need not worry because your machine comes with some amazing free coffee recipes for you.
- Those who love to have foamy drinks, the machine comes with an automatic milk frother.
- The machine has an adjustable cup tray so that you can fit in mugs, cups, and thermoses.
- And the bonus point is, with the order you’ll always receive some extras.
- The machine lacks in durability.
- With time, there are chances that your coffee maker can lose pressurization abilities.
#4 De’Longhi EC155- Best Pick under $100
All those people out there who are looking for an overall package but can’t invest much on their coffee machine, this De’Longhi product is for them. And with this coffee machine, you cannot just make your favorite coffee recipe but recipes like chocolate mint mochas and raspberry lattes. Isn’t that great? The machine comes with 15-bar brewing abilities that allow you to give your coffee drinks enough power and volume.
Also, the machine has a manual frother that further lets you hand-blend the right quantity of milk and steam. No matter what kind of coffee needs you tend to have during the entire day, the machine’s 3-in-1 filter holder comes with single and double shots and espresso pods.
All in all, the product might not be the best option in the market, but those who are tight on their budget and still cannot compromise with their love for coffee, De’Longhi can be a smart decision.
- Buying this beauty is really cost-effective.
- It has a 35oz water tank, thus large volume capacity.
- The machine is easy-to-use and you can easily customize your coffee drinks.
- Since it is a budget product, you won’t find top-notch settings and controls.
#5 SAECO HD8857/47 Philips Exprellia EVO- Our Top Pick for Fully Automatic Machine
Many times we all face this situation when we have to rush for the work and also cannot miss our morning cup of coffee. This strong baby is for those who lack the time and makes the life a breeze for you. Take the name of any frothy beverage and this SAECO model can make you anything, from creamy cappuccinos to tasty and milky macchiatos.
You don’t have to wait for long for your coffee with this super-automatic machine, thanks to its buttons, controls, and advanced technology that is needed for a foamy coffee. Want to know about that special technology? Appreciate the H2 Technology Milk Carafe for its abilities to steam, aerate, and boil your recipe to give you super-fine bubbles every time you make your coffee.
Also, this one of the most convenient options in the market can save your choicest grind settings, can descale automatically when you give a command to it, and in fact, the auto-clean function can steam its chambers. What else you need when a machine can take full care of itself without bothering you a little?
- The machine is designed in such a way that it gives you full and frothy drink every time.
- The coffee maker has a fully-automated double broiler.
- You don’t have to worry about the cleaning job as it comes with the self- cleaning and descaling feature.
- The only drawback of buying this machine is that it comes with a high price, so not everyone can afford it.
#6 Breville BES840XL- An amazing option for the Beginners
Those who are new to this whole process of making espresso and don’t want to take any risk with it, we have an option for you. Beginners usually have this thing on their mind: what’s really important for an espresso and what type of features they should look for in their machine.
But there’s actually no need to think much about it unless and until you are investing a big number on a machine, otherwise, just go for the Breville Infuser. The machine does have advanced technology that comes with amazing grinding and extracting systems.
The coffee maker also proffers you with several various controls and settings, but you don’t really have to get into the same, because the fully-automated thing can do everything for you. From the correct temperature to every other function, this machine is something that will always help you out in your daily morning routine by providing you with a cup of coffee the same way you want.
So, the reason why we prefer this Breville product for the beginners because you can totally rely on its work and when you become comfortable with its mechanism, you can start experimenting with different recipes.
- The product is just the right option for all the novices out there.
- Since the product comes with automated controls, it takes the pressure off.
- With the purchase of this coffee machine, you’ll get some freebies that include cleaning tools.
- When it comes to affordability, the product falls in the middle tier.
So, these were some of the best home espresso machines we believe you can choose from. Though, you can find a number of other options in the market that might give you a headache because of the wide range of features and brands as well. All you need to do is great research and think why you need this machine for your home, what features are your priorities, and how much you can spend on it. And you’ll see picking up the right one will be no difficult task.
Things to consider while buying an Espresso Machine
Before you put your hand on a particular product, you need to know what factors matter the most for you and what features will make it a suitable pick for you.
- Ease of Use: One of the main deciding factors while buying a coffee maker is how easy it is to use it. After all, you don’t want to invest more of your time in just understanding the machine. You can easily get one that involves much of an automated process. In fact, you can get yourself a machine that can make some of the complicated recipes and you just need to press a button. If all you need is a convenient machine, make sure your machine has pre-programmed options and is mostly automated.
- Budget: How much does this machine costs? This is certainly the next important question you always have in your mind. Well, you can get a wide range of models with varied prices. Sometimes when the material and durability of the product matters the most for you, you need to pay according to that. When you just want that using your machine should be a breeze and can provide you with a better tasting coffee, you pay according to that. And if you’re really concerned about the taste, convenience, durability, and every feature, you need to go for a high-end model and that’s obviously worth it. Thus, simply make your budget and buy accordingly.
- Durability: There are a number of models you can see comes with a warranty period that helps you see how far your machine will go with you. Before you go for any machine, check out for its brand reputation and customer reviews so that you can decide which product will be the right choice for your home. Also, the material of the coffee machine also makes a difference, thus choose wisely.
- Size: First, you need to see the kitchen space of your house and then select which one will be the best for you. The reason why this is a crucial factor because people first buy according to their choices and features of a product and then find it difficult to adjust it in a limited space. Look out for every feature and what your coffee maker has to offer you and then pick up that right machine of the right size that can fit on your kitchen counter easily.
So now, when you know what important factors you need to look for, making choice for the right product would be a breeze. Here’s your list of top recommended home espresso machines. Have a look.
Best Home Espresso Machines
Here are all the reviews and rating for all Home espresso machines available in the market. You can buy any one of these according to your requirements.