Our experts like to share product recommendations with you and hope you like them! Just to make you aware, CoffeeStoppe may collect a small share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Imagine you have a ten hour drive ahead of you. You want to leave at midnight to avoid traffic, but that means that many of the fast food restaurants and service station convenience stores will be closed. That means no hot coffee until morning…unless you brew a pot and take it with you!
Coffee carafes are a wonderful addition to a coffee lover’s collection because they work to keep drinks hot or cold for long periods of time. The beauty of a coffee carafe is that you can fill it with hot coffee in the morning and enjoy that same hot coffee for up to 12 hours, as if it were freshly brewed! The vacuum sealed designs ensure that hot beverages remain hot and the cold ones stay cold.
If you’re shopping for a coffee carafe, the five carafes we have reviewed are all at the top of the list. We’ve done the homework for you, so all you need to do is to choose the model that suits your tastes and needs.
Top 5 Best Coffee Carafe Reviews
The Vondior Coffee Carafe is big enough to hold enough coffee for an entire family or to provide enough hot coffee to last all day for a coffee lover. 68 ounces is the equivalent of eight 8.5-ounce cups of coffee, which is a lot, and the one handed pour will make it easy to use when you find yourself outside in the elements.
Vondior’s traditional design is simple and sleek without being pretentious, and with such a reasonable price point it is worth having more than one if you do a lot of entertaining.
- Stays hot for 12 hours and cold for 24 hours
- Stainless Steel double wall vacuum design
- Sealed lid keeps coffee hot
- Measures 10.8 x 6.3 x 6.1 inches, weighs 2.03 pounds
- Top screws on and off easily
- Keeps coffee very hot for a solid 12 hours as advertised
- Secure seal on the lid prevents leaks
The Cresimo Stainless Steel Thermal Coffee Carafe is very similar to the Vondior design, and the only difference seems to be with the ability to keep drinks hot for 12 hours as advertised.
The stainless steel and black plastic design is very traditional and the price point is such that you could own several for entertaining purposes. The biggest thing to consider is how to keep them clean without being able to reach your hand inside, so definitely purchase a bottle brush to help with cleaning.
- Keeps hot beverages hot 12 hours, and it keeps drinks cold for 24 hours
- Double walled vacuum seal with 18/8 stainless steel interior and exterior
- Push button lid makes pouring easy
- The top is very narrow despite description that it has a large mouth opening, which makes cleaning my hand a challenge; using a bottle brush is essential
- Definitely keeps drinks hot for 8 hours, but 12 hours is pushing it in some cases
The GiNT Stainless Steel Thermal Coffee Carafe is a fun take on the classic carafe design. It comes in three colors, with the white and purple option a fun twist if you’re looking for something that isn’t stainless steel-colored.
The GiNT keeps drinks hot or cold thanks to the double walled vacuum seal design working in conjunction with the dual silicon rings that keep the lid from leaking. Unlike other models, the pinch-release lid makes it so that you cannot operate the carafe with one hand, as opening the lid requires two hands.
- 65 ounce capacity
- Keeps drinks hot for 12 hours and cold for 24 hours
- Comes in white, purple and traditional stainless steel
- Pinch release lid features two dual silicon rings to prevent spillage
- Wide mouth top allows for ice to be added with ease
- Measures 6 x 6 x 11.5 inches and weighs 2.05 pounds
- Challenging to clean
- Great design, looks nice for parties and entertaining
- Customer service does a fantastic job making sure customers are happy with their purchases
- Hot beverages don’t seem to stay as hot when the carafe is half full
The Pykal Thermal Coffee Carafe is a fresh update on the classic carafe. The shiny stainless steel give the Pykal design a sleek and stylish look, making it a welcome addition on any kitchen counter or in any office setting.
What really sets Pykal apart is that they stand behind the claim that their carafe will keep drinks hot or cold for 24 hours. While the competition keeps drinks hot for 12 hours, the folks at Pykal have done the lab testing to prove that their design works longer. Not only do they have the prettiest carafe, they have the most durable and long lasting product as well.
- Keeps drinks hot or cold for 24 hours
- 68 ounce capacity
- Vacuum insulation based on a German engineered design
- Push-button manual lid prevents spills
- Measures 5.31 x 5.31 x 11.02 inches, weighs 2.3 pounds
- Great customer service; Pykal is very responsive to issues and will either walk customers through steps to correct issues or send a replacement
- Very strong seal
- Really will keep drinks hot for 24 hours
The Hastings Collective Large Thermal Coffee Carafe has a smaller capacity than the other carafes featured, but it has the ability to make tea and coffee with the removable mesh filter and infuser, giving it a value-added benefit over the other designs.
The sleek, modern design will appeal to consumers looking for something different than traditional carafes on the market, but the smaller capacity will be an issue for people looking to keep larger beverage quantities hot or cold.
- 50 ounce capacity
- Features a removable mesh filter and infuser so that loose tea and coffee can be made by adding hot water
- Measures 7.5 x 8 x 8.4 inches, 2.25 pounds
- Coating on the wood handle comes off after several uses
- Lid design allows for liquid accumulation, which can lead to mold
- Makes a noise
- Modern, sleek design makes it a nice statement piece on the counter
Why Buy a Coffee Carafe?
You might be in the market for one carafe or several, depending on your personal needs. Carafes are ideal for tailgating or watching outdoor sporting events because they can keep drinks hot in the winter and ice cold in the summer.
They are also perfect for parties or picnics as you don’t need to worry about melting ice in cold drinks and you can even offer your party guests hot coffee without having to go back and forth to make it. Just imagine using your French press during a camping trip and then pouring the coffee into a carafe so you have hot coffee all day without the hassle!
And when it comes to entertaining, you don’t have to limit yourself to just one carafe. You can have multiple carafes to hold regular and decaffeinated coffee, as well as hot water for tea. Depending on the number of guests you’re hosting, you could even have cold milk and creamer in carafes for your guests, just as you see in local coffeehouses.
Coffee carafes are all about function, first and foremost – after all, a pretty design won’t help keep your coffee from going cold – but once you know what works, then you can shop for a carafe that looks good, too.
The vast majority of carafes are made of stainless steel, which is the traditional design that dates back decades. It’s what your grandparents used, and they are still sold for a reason: They work. There are also ceramic models and carafes made of glass, but the vast majority of the bestselling carafes are made of double walled stainless steel.
Each carafe has its own benefits, and after a while they all start to look the same. Aside from the Hastings Collective model, they are all about 68 ounces and they feature the same double wall vacuum sealed technology. Upon examining the tiny details and understanding what people are saying about the product, though, it is possible to choose one that stands out above the rest.The Pykal Thermal Coffee Carafe is our top choice as one of the best coffee carafes that we reviewed. It is the only one that can keep drinks hot for over 12 hours, with drinks staying hot for up to 24 hours. That’s almost unheard of, and it sets the Pykal apart from the rest. It has a unique seal so that the lid won’t leak and at no time does liquid come into contact with plastic parts. The Pykal customer service team is very helpful and will go above and beyond to help ensure a quality product, and those are the things that make a company stand out. It’s important to note that across the board there were customers who indicated that they were either using the carafes wrong (i.e. not using the lid properly) or whose carafes arrived damaged or defective. If you aren’t seeing the expected results from your carafe, reach out to the company so that they can help to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase.